question for Rasper and Mike

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
dallen

question for Rasper and Mike

Post by dallen »

Rasper could I borrow your bronze recipe,

Mike I think you had some plaque patterns made by someone in canada if not then no problem.

David
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Re: question for Rasper and Mike

Post by mite5255 »

Hi Dave, Village Impressions is who you're looking for, Anna-Mae is her name, her hubby is Foundry Joe from the defunct AA, she is also very easy to work with, just let her know you were with AA and also with Found Dreaming http://www.villageimpressions.com/.....I glued the rubber patterns using PVA glue to a piece of board the thickness of the plaque that I wanted to make, I used PVA because it's water-soluble and to remove the rubber pattern from the board all you needed to do was soak it in water and carefully peel it off https://www.facebook.com/Village-Impres ... 732978558/
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Dave,

My bronze is Everdur: 95% Copper wire, (copper pipe and tubing is fine), 4% Silicon, 1% Manganese.

I melt some already alloyed Everdur in the crucible first so I can push the copper wire under and get it out of the air. Copper oxidises quickly. I use a cover of beer bottle glass and a little borax. Careful with the borax as it eats crucibles. It takes a while for the silicon to melt. I pulverize it before I add it. I always pour the alloy into ingots before I use it. The glass cover has an added advantage in that when I scoop it off, all of the dross and trash comes with it.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

If you were closer Dave I would give you some copper hammerheads from my last job, I have a few just sitting in a box on my welding bench waiting for someone to need them
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

I make lead hammers for banging on my machines with., have this fancy store bought mold that you melt you lead in then tip it up an the lead runs into the mold to make the head/

Thanks guys for the info reason I was asking is a buddy of mine was asking about making one cause a lady had hit him up about how much it would cost.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette