Checkin' in

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Re: Checkin' in

Post by Jammer »

Thanks for checking in Latz. I'm kind of stir crazy sitting around for the whole winter. Want to try to get some things done this spring/summer. I'm not good at video taping anything much by myself, but I'll try to get something on.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I have actually been remodeling the house. We have a bump out in our living room that wasn't properly supported, so I had to add a beam. Plaster was 2" thick on outside walls, so old trim was tossed. Been slow moving but its coming around... Need to make some patterns to take to local wood supplier to see if they have the pattern in stock or if I have to buy a custom cutter head. Its always something...

Glad you all are hangin' in there
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Everything is slow moving for me, Have been working on the property but damn the last month has been so hot its tough getting much done other than watering to try and keep things alive.

We are looking at something like a 20 day stretch of 100+ temps with no relief in sight. It seems like its been a year since we have had any rain. In the winter of 2019/2020 I got my new tractor and did a lot of earthmoving with some cuts going 4 feet and had moisture in the ground that deep, now its nothing but dust.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Been warmer than normal here. Seems to be hot or raining, not too many 80 degrees days. I know some have much hotter than low 90's, just hard for me to do much when it's hot and humid. Seems strange since I worked in a 140+F sweatlodge called a Steel Mill for many years, now I can't seem to handle it.

I torn out a 200 pound plus cast iron Bathtub today. That was fun. Don't have any place to bust it up so I'll take it for scrap and maybe pick up some smaller stuff.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Wife just sent a picture of the screen in her unit at work that is showing 120 f.

Worked outside all my life and wonder how?

Pretty sure its called age. 2023 will see me at 60
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sun is kissing the mountain now. Will cool down a little soon as is goes down. Just over 100 here right now and not terribly bad.

Had a cancer carved out of my ear a couple years back and they told me to wear a hat so I do now.
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

lol, the heat isnt that bad, it's when it's so humid that you stick to everything that makes it hard to find motivation to actually do much outside. That's my problem anyways, lol.

Ive just been working on patterns during the nights and getting things ready to start pouring some parts as soon as the weather isnt 90+ degrees with stupidly high humidity, or chance of rain nonstop.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, we are lucky to have low humidity here.

I looked at my PWS data and its been 15 days since there was a sub 100 high and the forecast is projecting the 10 day to all be 100+ so thats 25 days in a row. I have never seen anything like this, usually we have 3 to 5 day heat waves then a break back down into the 90s through the summer.

I read the other day they are also predicting La Nina which means a drier winter for the southwestern states.
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hey Richard, Did you feel the earthquake? I think it was south of you, hope everything is OK.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I am way south of Acapulco, an eight hour drive. I didn't feel a thing.