David Allen aka Dallen Obituary

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

David Allen aka Dallen Obituary

Post by Jammer »

https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/ ... n-12929240

Well we have talked about once and a while and it has happened. Dave dropped off the site and no one seemed to know where he went. After e-mailing some people and checking info on Choctaw, OK. I found his Obit.

He was a caster, machinist, gunsmith, beekeeper and Mr. fix anything. I will miss him.
Attachments
Dave-Allen3.jpg
Dave-Allen3.jpg (18.34 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
gun.jpeg
gun.jpeg (81.86 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Jammer

Re: David Allen aka Dallen Obituary

Post by Jammer »

This is the facebook post by Doug at SVSeeker.

"Super Dave" aka David Allen passed away. Super Dave taught me to run a lathe, cast metal, and a number of other things. He was there early on helping put the hulls together and building a rig to machine the propeller blades. He was a good man, easy to laugh, and quick to offer help. Not just advice, but real help, and he had a lot to share. Dave served in Korea and Viet Nam and then had a long career traveling the world and fixing things most people would not even know what to call. As he said, "I've burned a lot of dirt" and he literally meant that. He was a fabricator and inventor to the core. Every square foot of his house was home to CNC mills, lathes, presses, and guns. Lots and lots of guns. And coffee makers. Dave loved his coffee, and built his own roasters. If you searched hard, there was one chair to sit in and one bed to lie in. Dave knew what gave him joy and he pursued it to the end. If there is a heaven for Dave it will have a furnace for melting cast iron. Dave, you located joy and set a clear witness mark for the rest of us. Thank you for being my friend. --Doug
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg
Image5.jpg
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

He sure had some great input here, he will certainly be missed.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi all. Very sad to hear of Dave's passing, he was a very skilled individual who helped us all, it was always a pleasure watching his projects coming together, and in my humble opinion he would have made a great neighbor, and a great person to sit and have a beer with, just like the rest of you lunatics that visit this forum. We're all getting older and it would be great if we could all get together, just once. Take care everyone, and look after your selves.
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I vote your place Mike :-)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Harry wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:33 pm
I vote your place Mike :-)
Better make it tomorrow Harry, the beer fridge is a bit low and it needs to be restocked, for the rum drinkers we have a nice drop here called Bunderburg Rum, we call it Bundy, lovely stuff with coke mmmmm, but sadly I'm not aload to partake in the Bundy :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Does it make you talk like a pirate? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I'm one of the rum drinkers here. I usually drink Botran from Guatemala, which is just next door to me here in southern Mexico. I buy it from Amazom Mexico, delivered to my door by DHL.

It's funny about grieving. I found myself grieving about the loss of Dave. He was the heart and soul of something important in my life.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Dave did seem like a close friend even though I had never met him. We exchanged stuff back and forth. I sent him some Lead for bullets and some to a friend of his. He sent me a cast iron mortar pestle that he cast. It's on my mantle.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I can sip some Rum and definitely will fill the beer fridge. Then empty it :-)
Muller