possible new member

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

possible new member

Post by mite5255 »

Hi all, I've had some professional snap flasks for quite a few years, I put them on the Facebook marketplace and got a reply from a person that's interested in buying some, now this person I think does historical re-enactment so I'm assuming he wants to cast his own gear. I have told him that I will help in any way that I can and I'm expecting him to be here sometime next week, I was also going to recommend this forum to him, so hopefully, we may end up with a new member that's doing some casting
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: possible new member

Post by Jammer »

That's great Mike, I've talked to a couple people near me that wanted to cast but they have seemed to lost interest. Of course they both wanted to cast Copper. :roll: One had tried a couple times and was frustrated but seemed determined.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Well, all that excitement for nothing, have not heard back from the person :(
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Lol... would be nice to see some life here.

I looking from time to time but mostly crickets.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I check in every day. I'm planning a few projects for spring. I built a small furnace and plan on doing some 1 or 2 pound Bronze and Iron pours. It's well insulated so I don't think I'll have any trouble getting it up to heat.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I check in almost every day as well. The guys here are friends to me. I do wish we would post more. I find the stuff you all are doing to be fascinating.

I wonder about the grizzly bear. He comes and goes. The man has talent and balls. He needs to cast that damned bear and show it to us.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Haven't heard from Frank for a while. He was talking about cutting the bears head off and just casting it. I was sure hoping he would do the whole thing. I think he needs a sponsor.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

My ADD has me builing a woodlot now. I dont even have a fireplace and selling firewood, lol.

Around xMas I decided I wanted to try my hand at chainsaw log carving, well to get good logs you get a lot of stuff thats only good for firewood so that outlet is needed. Between that and milling some boards to build a livestock feed out pen I have been too busy to even think about carving a log but I am getting closer and have the logs now.

Going to get a couple steers in a few weeks and have to get that ready ASAP then I will be able to relax a little.

In other news, the Wife recently made Lieutenant at work, very proud of her. I call her my Sugar Momma now :-)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:13 pm
Haven't heard from Frank for a while. He was talking about cutting the bear's head off and just casting it. I was sure hoping he would do the whole thing. I think he needs a sponsor.
Just found this response.... Frank has been having a few issues with trying to find someone to sponsor the bear, he's on my Facebook, so I'll send him a message and maybe he'll do an update.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That would be great Mike, after Dallen passed it's been pretty slow around here. I have wondered about that bear, he had it so close to casting, but I'm sure the expense is enough to stop any progress.

I also wondered what happened to all of David Allen's stuff. Handmade firearms, his machine shop equipment. CNC machine and all the other accumulation. I'm sure there was an auction or something. He had family but I don't think they lived close to him.