cataracts

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Rasper

cataracts

Post by Rasper »

My wife had cataract surgery on one eye a year ago and it went well. She had the other eye done last month and it got infected. She is now blind in that eye, most likely forever.

I have a mild cataract in one eye and had been thinking about having it done. Now I don't think so. Not until it gets a whole lot worse. I have had two major surgeries in my life: one for a collapsed lung and the other for a blocked carotid artery. You never really recover from surgery. Best to avoid it unless there is no alternative. Even then, waking up in the recovery room after lung surgery is the closest thing I can imagine to dying and going to hell.

Richard

Jammer

Re: cataracts

Post by Jammer »

Hope your wife is able to recover. I try to avoid any surgeries, it seems I drop dead afterwards for some reason. No one knows why, has happened 4 times now.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

hope she is able to recover, Richard....
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Thanks guys. Losing an eye is bad, but she still has one, and a slim chance that the bad one will recover.

R
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I bet you still won't be able to get away with anything. :P

Merry Christmas!!
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

It's worse Jerry; that remaining eye seems able to see my most covert moves. Fortunately she is a great wife.

R
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Sorry to hear that Richard, hope it all comes, good mate..... I have cataracts in both eyes, but under our medicare system my sight has to deteriorate far more than what they already are
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Richard, we all got to do what we have to on the old end of things. I was fortunate with my knee to get the best to do it. Thats the key, getting the highest quality care you can. Sorry to hear your wife had problems with the one eye, thats a tough one that I have always feared as so much of my life is sight oriented.

Hope you get yours sorted out and best wishes man.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller