Shed build

Projects other than metal casting.
mite5255

Shed build

Post by mite5255 »

I spoke in a earlier thread my daughter and son in-law were building a shed, well today I went out there to help put it up, we had a pretty good day
They had already had the footings poured so it was just put it all togetherand there was absolutely nothing in the plans on how to put it all together but we are getting there, it appears to be the rite way up so thats a s bonus :D There is one more bay to put up
0713111009-00.jpg
0713111009-00.jpg (155.19 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
0713111710-00.jpg
0713111710-00.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Nudge

Re: Shed build

Post by Nudge »

Looks a bit like what I would call a form steel or total span building...... Is it all steel?
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Yes nudge its all steel
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I can sense the excitement all the way from Alaska, Mite. I'm about to finish off my 30x40 shop, myself. Been a long haul doing this out of pocket, especially with the situation i had last spring when my previous employer tossed me to the curb for daring to disagree with their unscrupulous plans. Took all summer for me to get re-rooted in with another company and back on my feet again. As of last Sunday I finally finished getting the the entire place insulated and poly wrapped and ready for drywall. Actually, been insulating and drywalling every so often as money could afford all summer and fall. Got to the point of having just one gable wall left to sheetrock and the entire ceiling to finish insulating and sheetrocking. As of Sunday I finished insulating and have decided to just bite the bullet and pay to have a professional company come in and do the last of it all at once. My new boss has been so well pleased with me all summer and fall he up and wrote me a check for 3 grand and gave it to me as a bonus for outstanding performance. Plus, made me Project Manager for the company. This is something my last employer would never allow me to do. Their loss....

Anyway, I'm back in the saddle once more and now ready to revive my dream of having a brand new shop of my own design to work out of with my foundry madness. I should be able to set my equipment all back up by middle of this month. Gawd, I'm soooo excited!! I'll zap you guys some pics of it this weekend and share in this thrill.

Cheers!
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Congrats!
It is aways nice when someone can see that you have worked hard.(and pay you for your effot) :D

Nice work.
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi F.C . Good to see you back on your feet and working for someone that appreciates your skills

Mike