Got back to my CNC, Lots of Pics.

Projects other than metal casting.
dallen

Re: Got back to my CNC, Lots of Pics.

Post by dallen »

Heck I can barely spell CNC and I'm trying to build one so you guys learn lots fast cause I'm gonna need a bunch of help in the code department, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I just beg, borrow and steal code where ever I can. :P
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

I just beg, borrow and steal code where ever I can.
Don't we all!
I have been trying to make some simple code. It seems to take me forever to get anywhere :?
Once I get a few more I will post some...... Don't hole your breath, it will be a while :)
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
dallen

Post by dallen »

guess we could kidnap Harry he seems to have a handle on the code department :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

You would have to find him first. :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

received the missing bearing in the mail today so its back to work on the Z Axis need to open up the pocket that it sits in so I can put the drive (for better words) spool together in the mount.

Ok got in some tool time tonight Charley (shop monster) made me do some actual work on the mill.
Charlie2.jpg
Z-axis-drive1.jpg
anyway I got pretty lucky with the spacers the motor is setting on I made them extra long, but looks like they are going to work now that I have the bearing in the top and see where the Timing Pulley is setting. I have to do some fitting work on the Spool cause I made it long also, once I get that taken care of I can remount it on top of the column and mount the screw to the Head and really have my doubts about that little motor moving the head it the upward direction but we'll see in the next day or so.

DA

dallen

Post by dallen »

got a little more done, after receiving the Bearing that I had ordered off the net. having problems with the motor think the settings I'm using are way off, anyway the motor should be big enough to move the head pretty fast could be the laptop also.

Anyway heres a photo of where I'm at with the Z Axis,
Z-axis-drive3.jpg
Z-axis-drive2.jpg

Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Cool stuff!

I have tried a laptop and it is crap, it skips and misses bits!

I cut this with my mill over the weekend, it took just over 20 min. it's 4" x 4"
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That looks good, is it someone you know? I made some signs over the weekend. Some took a couple tries, one was cutting fine and then decided to run off in the negative x direction, cutting all the way. I went back to Lazycam and checked it out, couldn't see the problem so I started over and it was fine. It was the Superman emblem for my grandson.
dallen

Post by dallen »

I've switched the computers over to a tower that I had the software on, but the motor is still not moving as fast as it should even with no load, it has been suggested that I am not putting enough power to the motor so now I guess its time to hunt for a more compatible power supply, I just checked this morning and site that I copied the motor mount from says that they used a 3?? oz in motor on the Z, the one I have is a 485 so it should move the head at a fairly decent speed without any counterbalancing or such.

Anyway I found a bit in the mount that I don't like so I get to redo the part where the two thrust bearings are so that I can install a roller cage needle bearing to stop any sideways binding when the motors running which will try to pull the setup sideways.