Got back to my CNC, Lots of Pics.

Projects other than metal casting.
dallen

Re: Got back to my CNC, Lots of Pics.

Post by dallen »

Jammer wrote:Here's a short video with some Beethoven instead of motor whine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqsQ-fLb ... zXCIk-_lwM
to some motor whine is music to the ears, damn nice work. stay at it you will get the hang of the code then you can show me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just spent 3 hours trying to draw a picture in google sketch-up. Still not right.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

Jammer wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I just spent 3 hours trying to draw a picture in google sketch-up. Still not right.
Jammer I spent the better part of one sunday morning figuring out where a guy messed up the tool path for cutting an angle on a AR10 lower receiver forging that I made the mistake of not checking his numbers to start with now I have a forging that has a big A#$ cut a quarter inch too deep that one of these days I need to have welded up so I can finish machine the lower receiver forging.

I need to spend a lot more time with my cad program so that it doesn't take me all day to draw a simple box with a few holes in it.

we need that smiley thats beating his head against the wall for post like this.

DAllen

dallen

Post by dallen »

what I been up too
Attachments
spindle-motor-2.jpg
mill.jpg

Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Are you using rack and pinion for the Z axis? or am I seeing it wrong?
Looks like a nice build so far!
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
dallen

Post by dallen »

the rack will be removed, I have the screw but am waiting on the postal system and a friend of mine to order the Acme Nut that I need. can't see paying freight on one nut when he is going to order from the same place.

Things are fixing to slow down some due to finances but hope to be able to order a controller board pretty quick.

I will post up some better pictures in the next day or two

oh yea I also have to make the Y axis mount so that its adjustable to allow the motor to align with the screw or redo the whole mount. the adjustable mount is the easy way out I know but I would like to see about casting the thing in one piece before cutting up more store bought aluminum stuffs getting pricey nowdays.

dallen

Post by dallen »

been playing with MAch3 software today, was able to get a motor to move via the computer after trying three different computers to find one that the printer port was good, still have a lot to figure out but making progress slow but progress.
now to scratch up some cash for some more electronics.

DA

Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Good stuff!
I'm using Mach3 too, it is a lot better than turbo cnc that I was using before.

I need to rebuild my Y axis. I'm getting some flexing of the rails.

I have rebuild my Z using the rails from a saw that the motor died!
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
dallen

Post by dallen »

Nudge some of those compound miter saws have some pretty heavy rails on them, guess they would have too to stand up to everyday use and abuse. Nice looking setup you have there. I'm trying to convert my mini mill that I don't hardly use nowdays. If I can get it to work then I may move the stuff over to the bigger mill just have to see what happens, anyway its something to do while the weather is to damn hot and dry to fire up the furnaces.

Nice thing will be to use the mill to cut patterns with to feed the furnace with. Who knows it may even improve my pattern making skills, like I have pattern skills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dallen

Post by dallen »

Anyway I got a little work done on the mill yesterday, I cabbaged onto a ride acrosss town so I didn't have to use my gas and picked up one of the bearings that I needed for the Z Axis and a Lovejoy coupling that I used to hook up the motor on the X Axis with.

I had also removed the motor from the Y and hooked it to the computer and driver that I have to make sure I could drive it with what I have component wise. We're good to go there so I will probably see about loading up the Software onto my old HP Laptop so I can take it all in by the mill and see if I can get the table to move back and forth on the X Axis. Guess about the only other thing that I can do is see about locating the other bearing that I need for the Z Axis drive.

I know there are a dozen little things that will crop up to keep me busy on the mill, like now that I have a couple I need to see what I have to do the align the Z Axis mount so the motor is in line with the leadscrew, but as long as I don't get in a hurry maybe I won't find all the little things when its time to actually try to cut some metal with it.