Got back to my CNC, Lots of Pics.

Projects other than metal casting.
Nudge

Re: Got back to my CNC, Lots of Pics.

Post by Nudge »

Im still looking for bits to rebuild my y axis. It is the only thing letting my machine down.
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
dallen

Post by dallen »

was able to get my big mill back to running yesterday after the help of a friend on another forum that I frequent. So now I guess its time to get back to making parts that I need for the Z axis drive so I can install another bearing to take the side load when the screw is turning, plus get my butt to the Parts store and see if they have the bearing I need.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
dallen

Post by dallen »

guess its time I got back on this project and see if I can get the mini back to working, while sitting here an idea popped into the gray matter on how to deal with the needed bearing in the Z Axis so I need to whip up a pattern for a round puck that I can turn down to fit the bearing space in the top of the existing mount and bolt it into the mount them bore it out so that the needed needle bearing will fit along with the thrust bearing that carries the load when raising the head.

will try to have some photos in the next day or so of what I want to do.

DA

Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Sounds good, I will look again in a few days. (Im still painting my house so Ive had no shop time :( )
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
dallen

Post by dallen »

raining today so no foundry time will try for tomorrow

DA

dallen

Post by dallen »

hooked everything back up tonight and cut a small part out of some Lexan to see if the electronic part was still working. nice thing was that I hooked up the stepper cables to the correct plugs and didn't have to play swap the plug to get things moving in the right order. Now to break out the label maker and mark the plugs on the computer case so I know which goes to what motor.

I also did some checking to see if I would be able to put the monitor in the side of the case, it will fit, but I need to find a side cover that will fit the case that isn't a picture window panel, the cutout in this one isn't going to work, nice thing is that my brother in Tulsa says he has one that may work all I have to do is go get it.

DA

dallen

Post by dallen »

I need to get back to work on this thing also, seeing as how I have it pretty much finished, I did change all the driver cards to a more robust cart that I found which allowed me to get the motors running at a decent speed.

Have a friend that's pretty sharp on this stuff that's SUPPOSE to drop by and give me some instructions in getting it running right. Guess better get his belt sander idler pattern finished and casted to bribe him with.

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:I need to get back to work on this thing also, seeing as how I have it pretty much finished, I did change all the driver cards to a more robust cart that I found which allowed me to get the motors running at a decent speed.

Have a friend that's pretty sharp on this stuff that's SUPPOSE to drop by and give me some instructions in getting it running right. Guess better get his belt sander idler pattern finished and casted to bribe him with.

DA
friendly bribery is encouraged :D
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

[quote="mite5255] friendly bribery is encouraged :D[/quote]

Bribery doesn't work with him, but I am about ready to pour the casting he wanted for a belt sander and I've let the word out that I'm not going to drive 50 miles to deliver it to him.

DA

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Bartering is the way to go. I would much rather trade something than try to put a price on it.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)