Junking

Projects other than metal casting.
Jammer

Junking

Post by Jammer »

I took the trash down to the transfer station and someone had dropped off a treadmill. I know they have good stuff in them so I loaded it up and brought it home. Wife was not happy.
I took it apart and took out the motor, power supply and control panel. Had to take a lot extra off so I could pull the wiring harness without cutting it. This on also had a MP3 attachment and a color TV built in. They must have had trouble loading and unloading it, parts were broken and the tv power was kind of mashed. I managed to get everything off and put back together. I haven't tested it yet. The motor is really big and it had a small motor to elevate the deck.
Attachments
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Re: Junking

Post by mite5255 »

Good score Jerry, every time I tell the wife that I' off to the local dump to go through the recycle shop, all I ever get is a grunt ;-), they do get some really cool shit out there at times, but for the most part I come home empty handed, I would make an excellent hoarder if given half a chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

television built in,, that mean you get to watch the tube while adjusting the speed on your sand muller
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I hope so. The card to the TV was damaged so i don't think it will work.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This is really old but wanted to add to it that treadmill motors are most often pretty decent DC motors useful for wind power generation.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I was just messing with the motor out of this treadmill yesterday. The power supply was damaged, and I had worked on something to power it with. I hooked up a Frankenstein power supply yesterday, probably kind of deadly. Uses a Powerstat variable ac transformer to a full bridge rectifier, two 10000 mf capacitors and puts out 0 to 150 volts DC. That motor just hums along great. I'm trying to make it as safe as possible.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sounds like the makings of a muller ;-)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've got a geared motor for that, it's the rest of the stuff I'm having trouble digging up. Need to get my son to weld some things up for me.