Hit & Miss Engine

Projects other than metal casting.
Jammer

Hit & Miss Engine

Post by Jammer »

I was looking around on flea-bay and saw some old magazines. I happen to remember a Gas Engine Magazine that I took a picture for, I looked some more and found it. Bought it for $5. I'll try to find the original photo for a better look at the engine. This was on newsprint so quality isn't very good.
I took this in 1976 at a man's house about 20 miles from where I lived. He had about 100 old engines and this was one of his rarest. It's a 1907 Bauroth Bros. made in Springfield Ohio. 4 HP with 5 spoke flywheels. Hit and miss gas engine. Hard to believe this was 42 years ago.
He passed away and all his engines were sold at auction. I just didn't have any money to buy one. Can't remember how they sold.

http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum=0& ... pto.gov%2F
Attachments
001.jpg
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Re: Hit & Miss Engine

Post by mite5255 »

I love those old engines, my Father had two and when he died in 93 I went looking for them, it turns out he had given both away :( :( :(
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
cae2100

Re: Hit & Miss Engine

Post by cae2100 »

lol, if you like hit and miss engines, you would have alot of fun at algonquin mill festival, a festival local to where I live. There's hit and miss engines everywhere and same with small to large steam engines.