Harrys CNC's

Machines that make the foundry run.
mite5255

Harrys CNC's

Post by mite5255 »

Harry could you email me or post a list of parts that you supply for your CNC"S please and also a price, I know someone that may be interested or I may even supply this person with the parts so we can work in conjunction with each other

Thanks Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Harrys CNC's

Post by Harry »

Hi Mike, have you had a look at my website castcnc.com? I will be updating it this week to reflect some changes in the design which are really just eliminating some of the cast parts and including in and I beam and square tube.

Also the V rail will be taken off my site as I am not going to continue to sell PBC V rail due to product and fulfillment issues I have had with them. I am going to continue to sell the IVT products though and the IVTAAT will be the standard for the new design. Also I will be adding 80/20 products to the site so I will be able to provide the extrusions used for the beams. Lastly I have an arrangement with K2CNC for a special price on the ZA800QR Z slide for my customers which is used for the Z axis on the CastCNC.

The rest of the parts are part of the Hybrid build and that is kind of Joes territory (no big secret but my listing a full BoM wouldnt be right), the $100 admission fee to Joes forum is a great deal for anyone building a cnc router because of the wealth of information there along with the help and of course tons of build logs of both Hybrid and CastCNC machines.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Thanks Harry, I'll pass that info to the person concerned and see what he thinks

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
barryjyoung

Post by barryjyoung »

Hi Harry:

I had not been to your site yet, thanks for posting a link. It is awesome. How do people compensate for backlash with a rack and pinion drive? Are your customers using two piece anti backlash racks? On the CNC mill that I built I have problems with a 6 foot Acme lead screw whipping which limits my rapids. I am am going to have to switch ftp a stationary screw and rotating nut or chain and sprocket or anti backlash rack with pinion. Since yours is the first besides very large Cincinnatti gantry mills I have seen that use rack and pinion I thought I would ask you.

Thank you

Barry
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There have been no reported issues with lash Barry, these are wood routers so we are not talking the high resolution of a metal mill but they are pretty dang accurate with some people cutting pcbs on them.

The current setup I run is a 1:1 screw 6' long and I run up around 300 IPM with whipping starting at 500 IPM. I have run my X as high as 1000 IPM but it was just a glory shot rather than something stable enough to run the machine at. There are some videos on my CastCNC youtube account of the machine running.

I have the parts to convert to R&P but I hate to tear down a machine that works great so I am probably going to sell the current machine after building a smaller one and use the funds to build a 4' x 8' R&P machine.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller