New Toy

Machines that make the foundry run.
mite5255

New Toy

Post by mite5255 »

This turned up today, I hope it solves my compressed air problems, it pumps out 310 liters (10 cubic feet) per minutes at a cost of $849.00

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Re: New Toy

Post by dallen »

all you can do is hook it up and give it a spin see if it works.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:all you can do is hook it up and give it a spin see if it works.

DA
We have the Granddaughters here at the moment so nothing will happen while they're here, they have a habit of keeping both of us busy with other matters :D
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Mike... try this experiment for self satisfaction... take your air nozzle (that blows the air) and hold it at waist height in front of you and depress the trigger... feel the "push back" from the air being exhausted. Now, take a 10" length of thin wall tubing and hold it in front of your air nozzle about 6" in front of the air nozzle tip then depress the trigger and feel the added push back effect. In a sense, it's a venturi. But know you can use less psi of air and gain greater volume of air thrust as a result. This way you can use lower psi so your compressor can keep up with the task and get adequate volume of air to supplement your furnace as desired. I would also recommend you get another tank to use as a bladder tank so your compressor won't have to work so hard to keep up the air demands for short run projects.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:Mike... try this experiment for self satisfaction... take your air nozzle (that blows the air) and hold it at waist height in front of you and depress the trigger... feel the "push back" from the air being exhausted. Now, take a 10" length of thin wall tubing and hold it in front of your air nozzle about 6" in front of the air nozzle tip then depress the trigger and feel the added push back effect. In a sense, it's a venturi. But know you can use less psi of air and gain greater volume of air thrust as a result. This way you can use lower psi so your compressor can keep up with the task and get adequate volume of air to supplement your furnace as desired. I would also recommend you get another tank to use as a bladder tank so your compressor won't have to work so hard to keep up the air demands for short run projects.
Thanks Frank, I'll give that a try, I also have an old compressor tank which is ready to be hooked to act as a bladder tank

glad your back Frank :D

Mike