CNC Fun

Machines that make the foundry run.
Jammer

CNC Fun

Post by Jammer »

Well, I finally picked up an X box 360 controller. I watched the video on plugging it into the Mach 3. Looks fairly easy so I'll give it a go tomorrow or this weekend. If I have any trouble, I'll give you a call Dave.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Re: CNC Fun

Post by dallen »

sure, if you need my number just holler, I had to go in to the mill file and hard code the thing in to get mine to work, I'll fire up that computer and find the file so I know what to talk about.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hey, it works!! Failed a couple times, but I re-read the instructions and I didn't have the software for the controller. As soon as I loaded it then it worked fine. Now I'll make a touch pad to set the z axis
dallen

Post by dallen »

I need to drag mine out in the middle of the dinning room and cut something with it.

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've been working on this most of the summer. I sure cut up a bunch of foam board. This is about version #8. It's for a hornless anvil. I have a piece of 3/8" thick tool steel for the top, I still need to cut a hardy hole in it and make the core for the hole. It should weigh about 100# in cast iron and the top will be 4" by 10". I hope to cast it at Sloss Furnace in Birmingham, Al.
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I'm starting to get it figured out. I need to bite the bullet and buy something like Pro-Carve or Vectric or something. Rhino-CAM is too expensive.

I did a grave marker the other day, I'll get some pics put on.
dallen

Post by dallen »

I'd make the steel plate for the top out of 1 inch that much cast iron on top of a 3/8 plate will pretty much melt it.

I need to get my router up and running now that I've just about finished the CAD stuff for the slotter I've been working on.

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I think I need to put my high speed router motor back on. I tried to cut some MDF and it just wants to chip it out and burn. I've cut it before with the router and no problems. I want to find a denser MDF also. I'm trying to make a mold to try some foundry letters with lead or pewter. All caps and about 3/4" tall.
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

They make a HD fiberboard in 1/4" thickness. I've used that often for pattern faces making plaques, etc.