CNC Build Beggining soon.

Machines that make the foundry run.
Jelly

Re: CNC Build Beggining soon.

Post by Jelly »

You know, The biggest thing I have too, is the software. I understand the x,y,z things. But looking at the Gcode, knowing how to set up material thickness, homes/limits, its all greek to me. Hopefully I can get some first hand experience soon, this money is burning a hole in my pocket :D
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've come to think of it as "All GEEK to me"!! :geek: :ugeek:
I just collect other peoples G-code and hope to be able to afford a program to do my own stuff when I'm ready.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Vectrics software is awesome and the cut 2d and cut 3d are not out of this world price wise. They also have photvcare for about $150 I think which will do lithopanes from a photograph. Moving up to Vcarve or Aspire will hurt your wallet.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I love Cut2d, I purchased it when i had my old cnc. It was easy to work with, and made good toolpaths imo. If i could have just had my machine set up right, and my z axis didnt fall down, my table wouldnt have ended up like this....
Attachments
cnc table.jpg
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I've got the first thing i'm going to cut out once I build my machine.
Annpend.jpg
I think this will be a good test for my new machine to see how detailed I can get with it :)
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I updated post #2 and thier is PICS!

Nuff said.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Updated post number three.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Its coming together, hope it works out well for you. Even a small machine like this could prove indispensable when it comes to patternmaking.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

It's been far to long since I've worked on this, or even Updated it. When i realized the wood was supposed to be cut out of 1/2" vs the 3/4" plywood that I had Harry cut it out of, I was a little discouraged. I had a cnc from Bluumaxcnc.com and I started scavenging parts from the Z axis to put on my Mantis Clone. (Note, I need to think of a name for my new machine) I am seriously contemplating paying Harry to re-cut my boards for me, Also going to change some of the design a little bit to further facilitate my needs with it. The number one problem I've experienced with my machine is match Drilling the holes. I've come to decide the only true way to get accurate cuts for me since i have no good tools My el cheapo skill battery powered drill has a 1/8th of an inch wobble when drilling anything (the chuck and probably the bits i were using were cheaply made) ... so, here are a few pictures, nothing fancy but it does show i've done SOMETHING to my machine. I think instead of the RC motor spindle i'm just going to get a rotary tool and flex shaft attachment for it. I like the way Proxxon tools look!
09222011051.jpg
09222011052.jpg
09222011051.jpg
Attachments
09222011053.jpg
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Looks good, you should have that cutting some nice patterns in no time. Why would you want to use thinner ply? Seems the 3/4" would do nothing other than make it stiffer which is good but then maybe I am missing something.
Muller