Lookin Great FC!

FCs Project Collection
GypsyTinker

Lookin Great FC!

Post by GypsyTinker »

Good to see the shop has come so far! Hope your job is going as well too :)
Only the highest standards of precision!
F.C.

Re: Lookin Great FC!

Post by F.C. »

Thanks Tinker. Yes, the job is going terrific! Truely was a blessing getting dumped by those backstabbers that had me believing we were partners in business. They used my experience, age and wisdom to help secure that company when the owner sold out and continued to use me in that same fasion for almost ten years to help the company grow. When greed got the best of'em they figured they could downsize the highest paid, long term employees once we trained the new hires how to work independantly and pocket more of a profit in their own pockets. Well... it backfired on them. The loyalty they thought they had between themselves and the new hires turned ugly once it set in how they treated me and the backlash it caused their finances when I went to work for the competition and worked my magic with them and began to take business away from my former employment. It ultimately caused two of their own core needed staff (not the new hires) to up and walk out in disgust and out of self preservation knowing how subtle it went with them turning on me. Karma.......... it can be a real bitch. Suffice to say my life has improved ten fold over the past 6 months. :D

As hard as i've been work'n to try and finish off the new digs I've also been trying to keep up with two mortgages, bills, an unusually early cold Alaskan winter, ailing vehicles, and desperately grasping onto every free moment i can for me and the wife to attempt to enjoy simple pleasures of life. But, my hopes of having the shop up and able to cast by summer has improved to, now, being a reality by Spring. Good Lord willing, of course.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Anxious to see you get back into casting mode FC, the stuff you have shown us that was cast in the past is some seriously incredible work both in the presentation and scale of it. Loads to learn from you following some works through from the beginning.

The shop is killer, I keep telling myself "one day" and it will happen. I am quite happy with the setup I have now but I know many ways it could be so much better. The more comfortable your work area is the more likely you are to spend time in it which means more production. This last week I have been adding more power circuits and also ran air lines, so much nicer not walking over hoses and cords.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Donk

Post by Donk »

Greetings FC and all.
Shop is looking great FC.
What is that bike in the corner, Is that the one with a fuel tank in 1 wheel and a water tank in the other, mental chainsaw engine.
All the best

Donk
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

My shop is in a garage in the back of my house. It has a sloping floor that leads down to the garage level, The sloping part is not roofed and that is where my foundry is. What a pain in the ass: a sloping floor. I have built a variety of sloping tables and sloping stands to set things on so they don't slope. I just do what I have to do.

I used to have a studio in California in an old greenhouse. With plastic corrugated panels for a roof. The place used to be a nursery. The roof leaked and the whole place was in a bowl so all the rain water ran to my studio. In the winter the water was 3 inches deep inside. I dug a sump hole in the middle of the floor with an automatic pump and a long hose. That kept it dry. I made a wood heater from a 55 gal drum. I loved the place. Talk about great light.

Richard
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Yes, Donk... that's a ROKON. Tough little mules they are! I use that for scout'n out frontier where 4 wheelers have a problem going.

And I can sure relate to have'n odd flooring in a shop. I've had many spaces to use over the past 30 years, most having to make do with what was available and was the conditions of the place at the time. Get creative or quit, was my opinion at the time. If I wanted to cast metal bad enough I'd figure out a way to do it within whatever space I had was available. Learning how to adapt taught me precisely what it was I needed over the years to be comfortable and safe doing this stuff. Hang in there Richard. You'll adapt and eventually get what you need to expand and truely enjoy this interest.

Thanks for the pros, guys......

Frank
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Sheds looking great Frank, I just love the points covers they look fanbloodytastic :D

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Sent you a PM Frank

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That all looks fantastic Frank, I knew you had done some public display castings but I didn't know you had done so many. I've seen the Balto Statue on a program about sled dogs.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

You saw "MY" Balto? What program? I wasn't aware its been in any video. Not that it matters, I'm just curious. Reason being, the Iditarod Trail committie went out of their way in attempt to keep me from make'n that statue, they even hired an attorney to formally issue me a cease and desist order. I knew it held no water so I told'em to fuck off. The Iditarod Trail committee believes they own all rights to the Balto name but no one can own History. It's been tried for centuries and never succeeds. What they've been used to achieving is baffling artists and others into believing they have to pay for the right to use the name. When they failed to buffalo me they actually went to the press (newspaper) and posted an article expressing their "permission" to allow this to be done (on behalf of the kid's wonderful effort) in support for this wonderful cause. They ended that article stating that the statue would be on display in Palmer until such time they choose to remove it and bring it to their Headquarters and put it on permanent display there. I made sure the City of Palmer would never let that happen by writing up a contract that ensures the statue, if ever moved for any reason (unless to reposition it on the site) the City would be forced to buy it for 40K. Otherwise, the statue (if left alone and appreciated freely by all) would be allowed public display for all eternity at no charge. That shut the Iditarod Trail committee up permanently. So... if this piece was aired in a video special about sled dogs I'm interested to know if they had ties, or mentioned the Iditarod Trail committee in their program, and if so, did they imply the Iditarod Trail committee went on any record citing they were the commissioners of that public art piece. If they did, that will give me all I need to force them to purchase that sculpture for 40K plus punitive fine for lying, manipulating, and attempts to lay claim on it fraudually causing me mental durress (haha). Ya gotta love the law at times, HAHAHAHA... Give me whatever intel you can recall about that tv special. Thanks.