Lookin Great FC!

FCs Project Collection
Jammer

Re: Lookin Great FC!

Post by Jammer »

Did you manage to get your name on the plaque?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Absolutely... the end of the dog lead curled at the dog's feet, atop the base, has my cast in signature. The plaque, though, only gives credit to the efforts of the children and the community support in acquisitioning the materials. My name was not mentioned by my desire as it was the children's effort that needed praise and honored. I wanted them to have full credit. No other business was mentioned on the plaque either. I did not make the plaque, by the way. It pissed me off when the city kept demanding a plaque be made expecting I'd make that, too, for free. I told them it was their turn to chip in. The work has my signature, that's all i cared about.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dang Frank, took a quick look see through your recent posts. Love that stuff, everything you make is just too cool. Some day I hope to be able to unleash some of that artistic side in casting. Dont ever plan to even try to do some of that bigger stuff you do but a guy could spend a lifetime on little things and still have ideas left.

Thanks for taking the time to post up your stuff, I havent been through all of it yet but was wonderin if you got your shop finished? As I remember you were in the midst of the dream mans cave last time I was around here.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

After this last move, Harry, I spent pretty much all summer fix'n up our old home here in Washington from the damage six years worth of renters did to the place. Spent the next month healing up from all the hard labor (damage to my left elbow tendons). May have to havev cortizone shots to it to give it some relief. But... the plan is, hunker down for the winter and come end of February start fab'n me a couple furnaces. Sand's ready for moisture, moulding station's built and in place, work benches and shelving all built, foundry and welding equipment all in its place, pattern boards & flasks all cleaned and ready for action, and all my pattern making tools and equipment ready for action as well. In a sense, just a few more tasks I should be able to accomplish in a month's time. Meanwhile, I've taken on employment in town... a part time gig doing land title research for a local title company I used to work with last time we lived here. It don't pay much but keeps the lights on and beer in the fridge.

Have'nt forgot about your e-cig tips. Got a few ideas I intend to make once the weather warms up to where I can work in the shop again. Oh, yeah... I still need to put heat in the shop, too. I got a nice HUGE firebrick lined wood stove that used to heat a hunting lodge up north. It's barely been used. Will get that going come spring and work that through to spring of 2016 till I can afford to put in propane heat. Due to budget can't go but one small step at a time these days. Normally I'd take over the kitchen table and do some craft'n but the wife decided to put her foot down on that notion citing she's sick of me have'n a shop and use'n her kitchen table as a workbench. Can't blame her... (hell, I got away with it for quite a while, though, didn't I.. :lol: )

Like I told the fellas here, I'm done move'n. We're here for good. Going to retire come August and then do whatever the hell I want in my shop from then on. Already attracted one artist that may be sending me a project to do for him. Told the fellas I'd document everything from concept to completion so's to contribute to this site other than offer advice. My hope is to get you guys out of the mindset of try'n to design the ultimate burner and into the mode of actually "creating" something outta nothing and putting it into production. What fuels a person's imagination and giddy-up most actually make'n something you get paid hansomely for. Instead of casting the same thing over and over again to sort out any imperfection (while also try'n to perfect the burner and furnace design), it's best to fall back to something easier and get paid for doin it so's not to waste your fuel and break down your alloy. Heat'n up a melt and pour'n it ain't no rocket science. Sand mix and gating is what ya need to focus on. That furnace and burner can be tweaked as time goes on but never should it become a "must have" prior to taking that step toward earn'n a buck. You'll be amazed how cheap and quick I'll put together my next two furnaces. You'll be even more amazed how much money I'll make off it's inefficient function.

Glad to see ya back for a visit, Harry. Hope to see more of ya in the days ahead. We'll talk more about those tips when I can break free long enough to devote time to them.

F.C.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:After this last move, Harry, I spent pretty much all summer fix'n up our old home here in Washington from the damage six years worth of renters did to the place. Spent the next month healing up from all the hard labor (damage to my left elbow tendons). May have to havev cortizone shots to it to give it some relief. But... the plan is, hunker down for the winter and come end of February start fab'n me a couple furnaces. Sand's ready for moisture, moulding station's built and in place, work benches and shelving all built, foundry and welding equipment all in its place, pattern boards & flasks all cleaned and ready for action, and all my pattern making tools and equipment ready for action as well. In a sense, just a few more tasks I should be able to accomplish in a month's time. Meanwhile, I've taken on employment in town... a part time gig doing land title research for a local title company I used to work with last time we lived here. It don't pay much but keeps the lights on and beer in the fridge.

Have'nt forgot about your e-cig tips. Got a few ideas I intend to make once the weather warms up to where I can work in the shop again. Oh, yeah... I still need to put heat in the shop, too. I got a nice HUGE firebrick lined wood stove that used to heat a hunting lodge up north. It's barely been used. Will get that going come spring and work that through to spring of 2016 till I can afford to put in propane heat. Due to budget can't go but one small step at a time these days. Normally I'd take over the kitchen table and do some craft'n but the wife decided to put her foot down on that notion citing she's sick of me have'n a shop and use'n her kitchen table as a workbench. Can't blame her... (hell, I got away with it for quite a while, though, didn't I.. :lol: )

Like I told the fellas here, I'm done move'n. We're here for good. Going to retire come August and then do whatever the hell I want in my shop from then on. Already attracted one artist that may be sending me a project to do for him. Told the fellas I'd document everything from concept to completion so's to contribute to this site other than offer advice. My hope is to get you guys out of the mindset of try'n to design the ultimate burner and into the mode of actually "creating" something outta nothing and putting it into production. What fuels a person's imagination and giddy-up most actually make'n something you get paid hansomely for. Instead of casting the same thing over and over again to sort out any imperfection (while also try'n to perfect the burner and furnace design), it's best to fall back to something easier and get paid for doin it so's not to waste your fuel and break down your alloy. Heat'n up a melt and pour'n it ain't no rocket science. Sand mix and gating is what ya need to focus on. That furnace and burner can be tweaked as time goes on but never should it become a "must have" prior to taking that step toward earn'n a buck. You'll be amazed how cheap and quick I'll put together my next two furnaces. You'll be even more amazed how much money I'll make off it's inefficient function.

Glad to see ya back for a visit, Harry. Hope to see more of ya in the days ahead. We'll talk more about those tips when I can break free long enough to devote time to them.

F.C.
Hey Frank I can give you some of the heat we're having, and I'll throw in the damn humidity for nothing lol lol...I see you expect to retire around August, that's about when I also hope to pull the pin on this full time work caper, I'll be 63 in August and I want to enjoy what ever time I have left on this planet
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dont worry about the tips Frank, thats just fun stuff for when ya feel like it.

With your talents I cant imagine you wouldnt make more doin time in your shop than some other job and if you pull it off right its not even like a job, more like something to do instead of sittin down and dyin.

Those pictures of that shop of yours with that big open space are burned in my memory, one day ya know?

Dang Mike, I didnt realize you were up there. I know there are a lot of old farts here though. Think I might even be the punk kid of the bunch as I just rolled over the fiddy.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Not OLD Harry, just older :lol: :lol:

I just rolled over the fiddy.do you mean you just turned a young 50 :lol: :lol: :lol:
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Yeah Mike, you and me are go'n neck and neck for that retirement finish line. The nanno second I turn 63 I'm pull'n the pin, too. I got plenty of umph still left in me to muscle through some foundry work so while it's still available I intend to give it my all without distractions from having to make some other man rich from my employment services.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:Yeah Mike, you and me are go'n neck and neck for that retirement finish line. The nanno second I turn 63 I'm pull'n the pin, too. I got plenty of umph still left in me to muscle through some foundry work so while it's still available I intend to give it my all without distractions from having to make some other man rich from my employment services.
He who wins the retirement race owes the loser a beer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yup, young fifty :D

Its a race, ha, get the porpcorn this is prolly gonna take awhile.
Muller