Commisioned Life Sized Grizzly Sculpture

FCs Project Collection
Jammer

Re: Commisioned Life Sized Grizzly Sculpture

Post by Jammer »

I've had those coughs Frank, makes everything hurt. I can't imagine it with a busted up rib cage. Get well and keep getting stronger.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I hear you Frank. You said it so that I could almost experience it myself.

Keep on keeping on.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

You may be bored Frank, BUT your not worthless, you'll get better with time ;) .
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Thanks fellas.

Yesterday was an ordeal of epic proportion (in my mind, at least.. LOL). Had a visit with the VA office to "get enrolled" to establish a primary care physician so he can authorize (so to speak) any and all medical attention I've had up to this point, including meds, ambulance, etc., so VA will then pay for all medical care I've received thus far with regard to this injury I've sustained. Took half a day!! Up and down out of my seat throughout multiple examinations, seeing multiple individuals to process paperwork, waiting hours (I swear) in a hard rigid chair I twisted and turned on as if I was being prodded, jabbed continuously due my body's boney mass giving me fits pressed against a hard seat so often, as I've lost 40 lbs since this injury occurred. AND... the last of my pain meds wore off half way through the paperwork, examination processes. Yeah, they're prescribing more pain meds but they don't just give you a prescription to take to the pharmacy down the street, instead, they process it on the computer and within a day or three the meds will arrive in the mail at my home. I told them I was "OUT" at this time and they said I should'a come in a week earlier then to get processed. I told them VA had already called and told me they would cover every cost associated to the accident and medical needs and that for future concern they recommended I come in and get fully processed into the system. Basically, it's a matter of one hand of the system having no clue about the function of the other hand. So... here I sit, perplexed and in pain. I'm think'n a trip to the liquor store is in order. Good quality hard whiskey in a shot or two three times a day ought to ease matters somewhat till mail call.

Had a visitor just an hour ago delaying my finishing up this update. A good friend of mine in this area who's a super fine jeweler who's a bit of a hermit by nature. Stopped by to visit and check in on me. After 40 minutes of visitation as he was get'n in his car he took out a vile and tapped out five small pills and told me they would carry me through till those other meds arrive. I asked what they were and he said Morphine. Just one each night you'll sleep like a baby. He was given a prescription a couple years ago of these after he, himself, got busted up in an accident. I'm a bit reluctant to take any due the fact he didn't tap them out of any med dispenser with any identification on it citing what they are. Might go to the pharmacy in town and tell 'em I found one of these in my wife's old dresser and ask if they could tell me what it is which might explain why she up and left without notice one day, HAHAHA.

Anyway, every day above dirt is a great day, my friends. Carry on.....
dallen

Post by dallen »

you better watch out your buddy may be trying to slip you some erectile dysfunction pills to help you out
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:you better watch out your buddy may be trying to slip you some erectile dysfunction pills to help you out
Are they blue, not that I know the color of those drugs, I just ummmm heard on the grape line sorta thing ;) , How well do you trust your mate Frank ;)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Yeah, they're blue...
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Well, I've been cleared by my doctor to go about life like normal again... i.e., anything in moderation or as my body will permit without incurring pain. So I'm free and clear of meds FINALLY!! Life is good today. Now just try'n to get back into my shop to clear away the dust and debris (and personal shit stored by someone I did a favor for) from where I left off with my artwork. Unfortunately, cold weather has set in again and will only get colder in the next couple months which will make it uncomfortable to work out there without heat but what the heck... beats sit'n stew'n over not getting art time like I'd been over the past several months. Soon, fellas, I'll be back get'n jiggy-wid-it in my shop.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I hear you. It's okay doing hard physical work outside in the cold, but doing shop work, it's miserable being cold. I went up to California back in October to close down my shop there and I thought I was going to freeze. It got down in the 40's at night. I hadn't been that cold in years. Where I live it's summer all year.

I am glad to have you back in action.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Great to hear you alright Frank, It will be great to see the bear start to come alive again :) and any other projects that you get to do. Weather is starting to get rather warm here...I'm at a standstill at the moment, I have no motivation at all. I'll have to force myself into doing something soon tho.