Forum Issues/Improvements

Ideas for making the forum better or fixing problems.
Jammer

Re: Forum Issues/Improvements

Post by Jammer »

That doesn't look like fun, how about I just learn how to use my pooter.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Anyone having issues with forum pages not loading completely? I have for several weeks now had a problem that seems to be worse in certain forums. The page will load with the header graphics but none of the text on the page will load and sometimes I get an unsupported form of compression error page. I have had to refresh a page as many as a dozen times to get it to load properly.

I have tried a different browser and also found one thing while searching that the cache folder on the server should be chmod 777 which it was not so I changed that and purged the cache in that folder but that has not helped. I have changed the my theme to the stock prosilver too so I dont think it has to do with the dark theme. I have been unsuccessful in finding anything in searches that sounds like this same problem which leads me to think it is probably something my ISP is doing. With two way satellite they can do some non standard things especially concerning compression to get as much traffic through the pipe as they can which is why I would like to hear if any of you folks are having the same problem. Since it has been some time and no on has posted I am just guessing it is just me.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Heimo

Post by Heimo »

the forum works fine over here...
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Works fine for me also
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I figured it is something specific to me but thanks for the confirmation. It could be something in the setup on this computer and I do not have another right now for checking (will next week as I got a shipping notification finally on my $99 HP Touchpads ordered in August) or it could have something to do with the two way satellite, with the funky compression they use and the high latency it tends to cause weird problems.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Seems to be all OK at my end too!
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hows the head nudge, you finished celebrating yet ;) ;) ;)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

All is good the beer is still flowing. Good going All Blacks :)
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
HT1

Post by HT1 »

trye updating IE explorer, at work we had IE6 ? and it would not display entire posts. that is why I was not here from work much
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Does the same thing in Chrome and Firefox, both up to date. I really do think it has to do with my ISP (Starband).
Muller