Suggestions thread/forum?

Ideas for making the forum better or fixing problems.
Jelly

Suggestions thread/forum?

Post by Jelly »

Being that there isn't one... I only ask for one feature right now... A quick reply box :-p
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions thread/forum?

Post by Harry »

For some reason I dont see it in this forum but it is in others... will have to figure out why its not showing up everywhere.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, just went through the all of the forums and if I did everything right then QR should be enabled in all forums now. Odd it has a global enable but that does not turn it on for all forums. If anyone notices a forum where there is no QR button let me know and I will update it.

Also will make a forum suggestions thread in the welcome area and move this post there.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Harry, how about a links thread that would be locked and links added by you with a small description of what's there? Maybe like the gallery section with a sub-thread for suggested links. Other shops and info sites, where to buy parts or supplies (including yours) :D . Good You-tube videos or albums...etc. :?: :idea:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That sounds like it could become high maintenance Jammer since only I would have access to it. This is the kind of thing any member can do though within a thread started by them by editing the first post of the thread. The nice thing here is that if the person taking care of the thread goes missing for some time a new person can pick it up by copying that first post into a new thread of their making that they can then edit.

I certainly wouldnt mind putting a sticky on these types of threads or even make a forum for something like "Cool Links" that could then have youtube, metalcaster sites ect... type threads in it.

Certainly open to suggestion but hesitant to add something that would cause me or anyone else much work.
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That sounds OK, and making it a sticky would help. I was just trying to think of a way to just have links and a description without looking through several pages of posts.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)