Foundry manual

Linked documents or member created reference materials, good reading for when its raining.
mite5255

Foundry manual

Post by mite5255 »

This turned up in today's post :D it will give me something to read at work tonight :roll: :D
IMG_0088[1].JPG
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
HT1

Re: Foundry manual

Post by HT1 »

The last update to the navy foundry manual, renamed the" Molder rate training manual" was printed in the 90's, you know what the changes were, there was a section on cyntrifical casting. it got in the book, just as the navy discontinued it. all referance to gas furnaces were removed. navy went to all induction furnaces, the metal composition chart was updated to include several civilian standards, rather then just the Mil Specs. PUNB and CO2 sand are added. in short, for straight sand casting, that book is very up to date because very little has changed in the small to medium scale of sand casting, for larger castings, there has been changes in gating design. but I do not think many of us are making castings over 30Lbs

HT1
dallen

Post by dallen »

I have that book and I think that everyone else should have it or similar referenced material.

David
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've got it too, I wish I had it with me. We've been down for three days, our main breaker on the furnace decided to arc out last week. Only lasted a few seconds but 13,800 volts can do a lot of damage in a short time. Should have been running this morning but the testing didn't go well.
I can only dust and sweep so many times. I think I'll go find some metal and build a shelf.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

we had a snake decide one time that it wanted to snug up in the transformer pit in front the plant, only problem was when he turned loose an dropped in where it was warm at, he landed across the legs from the pole, 48.000 volts and we were down the rest of the day.
we got to sweep the floor rest of the day while the power company came and cleaned him up, what was left.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Things just keep turning up at my place :roll: :roll:
IMG_0093-1.jpg
IMG_0093-1.jpg (124.27 KiB) Viewed 5641 times
HT1

Post by HT1 »

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/foundry/index.htm

here is a digital copy for a quick referance
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

A good library is nice to have. Be sure pass along any gems you pick up in your reading Mike.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
dallen

Post by dallen »

I have a pretty good start on one if I could find all of my books and put em in one place the knowledge might scare me.

thats a pretty good book Mike, I bought it in paperback first after reading a friends copy, his had the original brown cover. I ordered another copy which has a blue cover and I think its copyright date is 1923 first edition. And old book with with plenty of knowledge for a guy that only has hand tools to work with.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Mines 1932, plus this is written in the inside cover, love to know who it was
IMG (2).jpg