Alabama Iron Pour....sort of..?

mite5255

Re: Alabama Iron Pour....sort of..?

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:
mite5255 wrote:G'day Frank, long time no see
Been massively busy with my job lately. Also, the wife and I listed our home for sale three weeks ago and pretty much been living in an empty shell of a house so's to keep it "showable" for interested buyers at any time and any day. What a pain.... Anyway, we got an offer (low ball offer) which I countered and they ultimately accepted. Now, the paperwork is in the mill and hope soon we'll have the place sold so we can finish packing our things and head back to Washington state and boot out our renters in our home there, then live there and bust ass again to sell that house. Meanwhile, once we relocate, I'll be working online remotely via internet plus flying back and forth as projects demand. Can't say there will be much opportunity for me to check in very often. Hell, I'm tired each evening as it is from work'n from 7 am till 7 pm each day, then also having to deal with a hour commute each way. I literally get home, shower, grab a bite, and hit the rack. Up atn 5:30 am and start the routine all over again. Weekends are spent sorting through our stuff and packing what we care to keep in boxes. And to think... once we get down south this crap is going to start all over again. All I can hope and pray for is for that place to sell quickly so we can get to Missouri and buy us a place (cash out) and settle down once and for all. Then I'm retiring. FUCK work!! I've had it.
I never thought you would ever leave Alaska Frank... We'll most definitely, and have miss your ramblings mate, your knowledge of this metal melting caper is something to behold and I and many others take your advice and from other more experienced people on this forum on board, with out that experience I think most of us would spend a lot of time floundering around in the dark....I find this forum is so much better then the other one, this here is like a small community all pulling together for a common good, just like a family.......Relaxing ale is kicking in :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea mate I understand the fuck work bit, I'm over it big time, but I need to hang in there for another three long years :(
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Well Congrats Frank. Retirement is too far away for me to even begin to think about. Since your moving to Missouri, you'll be closer to most on the board to help in person. And by help, I mean consume their beverages… :lol:
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

Nice Frank! I live in Cincinnati, not too terribly far from Missouri. My father-in-law works for a huge brewery here, and I always have a hefty supply of beverages on hand. You (and anyone else here who wants to stop by) are always welcome to a cold one and some conversation!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

4cylndrfury wrote:Nice Frank! I live in Cincinnati, not too terribly far from Missouri. My father-in-law works for a huge brewery here, and I always have a hefty supply of beverages on hand. You (and anyone else here who wants to stop by) are always welcome to a cold one and some conversation!

Holy shit Drew! where did you spring from :lol: doing a prodigal son thing are we :lol: :lol: does anyone have a fattened calf :lol: :lol: .....You and the other lost members should drop in more often.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Went back to Tannehill Yesterday. This time the Iron pour was successful!! PatJ came down from Memphis and he posted some pictures and a video on AA.
Here's a couple I took and one of me that my wife took. 8-)
Attachments
006.JPG
024.JPG
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

What's with the hard hats? I wasn't aware that I was in danger of being hit in the head in my foundry.

How do you like being down South Jerry? Ain't it nice to have spring in March instead of May. Of course this year it has been a bit late. (I am a transplanted southerner living in the tropics.)

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

The hats are good to hold the face shield. :) And you look important.

Liking it here fine. Last year was a washout, late spring and rained most of the summer.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:The hats are good to hold the face shield. :) And you look important.
Yep you must always look the part :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to watch something like that
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jerry in one photo Jerry you have a Opticle Pyrometer in your hand, if none is available and your doing cast iron what method would you use to judge temperature

Mike
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

You would just have to judge the temp by color. I think DavidF says he looks for straw white. Just past yellow straw color and not quite white hot.
Stopping everything to try to get the temp with the pyrometer is kind of a hassle. Hopefully I can get faster with it and remember to look at the right scale.