What a little Tung Oil will do

Harry
Site Admin

What a little Tung Oil will do

Post by Harry »

This was a piece of scrap I ran through the surface planer and rubbed some Tung Oil onto. No sanding. just plane and oil.

The Blue Stain and Red Stain I am familiar with, they are caused by a fungus that the beetles carry. I am not so sure about the yellow which was much more striking IRL.

Its going to be fun to see my projects looking more like this than the raw state I have been building in. Dont get me wrong, the raw and rustic has its own charm but the fine finish is fun to see and makes me want to press to see what more I can draw out of these logs.

Another direction I will be going soon is resin inlay, often associated with River Tables. There is a wide board in the backs of my benches that I think will lend well to this and add a unique signature to each one I build. There will be many more posts on resin coming as I experiment and put some things together.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Re: What a little Tung Oil will do

Post by Harry »

20230404_171529.jpg
20230404_171533.jpg
20230404_171538.jpg
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller