Walleye Fishing

Jammer

Walleye Fishing

Post by Jammer »

Went fishing with my Brother-in-Law and his friend on Thanksgiving Day. We didn't have a meal, or anything planned so Fishing sounded pretty good. We went out on Lake Erie, it was a little cool but bearable. We ended up one fish short of the limit of 6 fish apiece. I ended up with most of the fish since those guys already had a bunch in their freezers. We cleaned them and got them all bagged up. It was a lot of fun. 17 fish and over 25 pounds of filets. Planning a fish fry on the 4th of July.
Attachments
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Re: Walleye Fishing

Post by Harry »

That is awesome. Our lake is filling up this year. After so many years of a puddle due to reconstruction of one of the dams which was on Corps most dangerous in the country list and of course the drought its going to be nice to have some water to get out onto.

Let us know how the fish fry turns out, 25lbs of filet is quite a haul.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Also, for a left coaster its hard to imagine calling something a lake when you cant see the other side. Nice pictures.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Yes, I really like Lake Erie, it's big but not the biggest great lake. I've been out far enough that you can't see any land.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I told my wife that, she said "Uh, Nope!" Lol.

I have been deep sea fishing enough to know I would be comfortable with it in the right craft. For us we got the kayaks and you dont want to not see land when its your arms getting you back to it.

Our lake is good for catfishing and we like to do the overnight and fish thing. I usually end up too many beers in and crash out at some point but she will fish all night long.
Muller