It's Eclipse Day Finally

Jammer

It's Eclipse Day Finally

Post by Jammer »

The big total eclipse will go across Northern Ohio and many other parts of the country. We lived in Tennessee when the one went across in 2017 so it seems to be chasing me. This one comes across Mexico, not sure if Rasper will be in the path. There has been so much hype on the news that now I just want it to be over. :roll: I remember one in 1984? Maybe? I was working as a welder in Mansfield and we went out and watched it with our welding helmets. I found out later that the helmets aren't enough protection but I still see fine.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Re: It's Eclipse Day Finally

Post by Rasper »

I am way south of it.

My former wife has traveled from Virginia all the way to western Kentucky. You'd think she would have something better to do with her time than to drive for hours to watch the moon pass in front of the sun.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Well, that was pretty cool. The Corona was bright and it was really dark for about 3 minutes.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Yea, we got hit with it also, and we were just a hair too much south I think because it was just a sliver, but I wasnt really paying too much attention to it. Im with jammer, Ive heard about it nonstop from everyone for the last few weeks that I was just ready for it to be done and over with before it even started, lol.

Yea, I was busy getting the forging stuff out, so I wasnt paying attention to it till it got really dark out, and just took quick glances of it through a welding shield here. I had one that was too dark out of to even see anything when welding, and you just held up over your face rather than wearing it on your head, so yea, just used it to take quick glances at what was going on.

Return to “Trails and Travel”