Cargo Container

Harry
Site Admin

Cargo Container

Post by Harry »

Been waiting a month for this to be delivered. There is a 12 x 50 deck to the right along the house, will level the container to the deck then extend the deck out to it so we can have really easy access to the storage. Been a long day this far along with having someone over to mill wood for a few hours today so I am whipped. The guy who was here seems like he will work out real good in a wood for labor ongoing arrangement so really looking forward to that. The more places you dont need to be the more you get done. The dunnage under the container are some 6x6s I milled last night for this purpose, came off the trailer right onto these so I was able to get my 20 ton air over hydraulic jack in to lift for leveling. Will build permanent piers at each corner and the midpoint at the right height.

Also going to put retaining walls along the along the back of the container and front side of the deck where the ground raises up going to the chicken coop. Will be able to walk right off that end of the deck onto ground. I have a bunch of cedar logs and some are pretty pecky so I will use those for the retaining walls.

Having the container raised like this will not only make for great access but also provide a cool spot for the dogs in the summer and keep other critters from being able to make a home under it.
Cargo Container.jpg
The bush to the left is the biggest Banks Rose in California, its 18' tall and over 50' across. The largest is in Tombstone AZ and is about 5 times as big as ours but it was planted in 1885 so maybe in another 100 years I might have a shot at the title.

https://southernarizonaguide.com/worlds ... -banksiae/
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller