Ferro Alloys for sale

Have something and want to be rid of it? This is for Member to Member dealing.
Jammer

Ferro Alloys for sale

Post by Jammer »

I went to an auction thinking I was going to buy some Ferro-Silicon, I missed out on it but bought a skid of a bunch of other Ferro-Alloys. I have found a buyer but thought I would offer some on here first.

The Big one is Elemental Manganese Flake. $8 per pound plus shipping. Big One because I got 173# of it. :roll:
FeMo, FeNb, FeS, any for $5/pound plus shipping
And some elemental Moly Flake, FeCr, and AlCr, not sure a price on these, I have to find out what the scrap guy is going to give me.
I have about 20 to 50 pounds of each.

Bought these because there was a big bucket of pure copper chop and some Aluminum chop that I wanted.

I'm not going to hold on to these very long, I already know I can make some profit back from the scrap guy.
I know this is weird stuff and we can't really use it for much unless you want to make some high grade crucible steel. Most of it is ugly grey dust or rocks but some are shiny. I like shiny, my nickname used to be Crow, maybe now I know why. :P My Precious!! :twisted:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Jammer

Re: Ferro Alloys for sale

Post by Jammer »

Well the place I thought would buy all the alloys has closed. They made and sold these alloys to foundries. I did see one of the office people that was there to handle the customers. I was able to get certifications for the Chrome, Moly and Manganese. I've sold quite a bit on fleabay. I've about doubled my money. I still have about 100 pounds of Manganese. I'm surprised how many people collect elements of the periotic table. A guy in Michigan is going to seal elements in small glass tubes to resell. I think he has bought at least 10 pounds of each of the pure elements. I sold most of the ferro-niobium to one guy, I don't know what he's going to do with it, but I should have charged him more.
dallen

Post by dallen »

my nephew told me the other day that he was going to get me a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights from where he works at, its a shame that non of what you have will mix with the wheel weights to make bullet alloy.

with the Manganese that you sent me I probably have a life time supply of it and don't know of anything else that I would need for the metals that I melt.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

So many wheel weight are zinc now. You have to look at each one to see if they have ZN on them.
dallen

Post by dallen »

I know, but I can melt the zinc ones down into fishing weights for use in the river where if I loose them its now big deal. and if there's enough of them I can make cannon balls out of the them, or balls for a ball mill.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette