refractory in tennessee

Supplier information and Creative Rummaging
Rasper

refractory in tennessee

Post by Rasper »

There is a guy over on the other forum who has some HW" castable he wants to sell. He is in Tennessee. It seems like good stuff. I think he said a relative gets broken bags at work and gives it to him.

Richard
Jammer

Re: refractory in tennessee

Post by Jammer »

I thought about contacting him, but it looks like we might have a buyer for our house. I don't want to move anymore stuff than I have to. I still have over 400 pounds of induction furnace refractory that I don't know what I'll use it for. It doesn't have any concrete type binder and is fused together buy the heat of the induction furnace. Heat without air or blast. I added some fireclay to it and tried to get it to set up but it just crumbles more every time I put the fire to it. I thought about going to a local refractory place and talking to them.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

What is it about Tennessee? I thought you left Ohio to get out of the freezing, job-less rust belt with the frozen slush on the side walks. I was in Cleveland in January one time. That is the coldest I have ever been. Freezing and humid at the same time. Of course Chattanooga is not exactly the banana belt in the winter. I got the hell out of California because it was too cold. We lived in Santa Rosa where the sun shines in the summer (not like San Francisco, where it only shines in October). But still, six months of 50 degrees and raining got to me. What draws you back to Ohio?

If I were going to live in the US ever again i think it would be in Alpine, Texas. It's down in the Big Bend Country. What a nice small town. It's like America used to be.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Kids and Grandkids. Not worried about rust belt, not working anymore. Tennessee weather is just as bad as Ohio. Cold and damp in the winter and too hot in the summer. The worst thing is the pollen, we didn't do our homework. Found out when we got here that this is the worst place in the country for allergies.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)